Floo Network

Growing Pains Never Cease [Arctic]

Started by Arctic, March 11, 2021, 03:53:41 pm

Arctic

March 11, 2021, 03:53:41 pm Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:19:47 pm by Arctic
Hi There!

I'm Arctic, it's nice to meet you! I stumbled onto here trying to find an old RP site I used to use, and I'm so very glad I did. I haven't RP-ed much, and the short amount of experience I have is very confusing in hindsight, but I'm doing my best and am eager to learn!

Offline I work in (and study) programming and data science, and I also dabble in web dev a bit. In the past year, I've gotten a lot more in touch with old hobbies like writing and recently started delving into the Dungeons and Dragons world as well.

Regarding RP-ing, I'm excited to learn and improve with experience! (I have a tendency to use exclamation marks a lot, I'm working on it)

Feel free to PM me anytime if you'd like to thread something!
I'm on Discord too, if you feel more comfortable there.

Characters

Tristan Moor is a boisterous, excitable eleven-year-old who enjoys action and tends to seek praise from others. He has a jealous streak and is somewhat immature and possessive of his friends. He'll be going to Hogwarts this year and will be sorted into Hufflepuff, though he hopes for Gryffindor. He can be insensitive at times and has a lot of growing to do in terms of reading the room.

If he can find a group of familiar faces and faces he feels comfortable with, I think he'll evolve naturally, though will probably tend towards more possessive or mother-hen-like tendencies. As he grows he'll hopefully mellow out.

Salem Anwar is a good-natured, friendly Ravenclaw third year who is always willing to lend a hand. He can be a bit of a cheesy dope, but he's as wise as he is academically untalented. Whether you're looking for a concerned partner in crime, an unsuccessful study party, or a kind, reassuring figure to offer company through tough times, you can count on him!

Farren Abercrombie

Welcome! Nice to have you! I am working on a student as well. Once she's done I'm sure they can meet at school.

Arctic

Quote from: Farren Abercrombie on March 11, 2021, 05:56:24 pmWelcome! Nice to have you! I am working on a student as well. Once she's done I'm sure they can meet at school.

Thanks! That's exciting, I'll look forward to it!

Ain

Welcome, Arctic! (This is AJS from Discord) Nice to see you on the board :)

Arctic

Quote from: Ain on March 12, 2021, 12:06:09 amWelcome, Arctic! (This is AJS from Discord) Nice to see you on the board :)
Hi!! I'm excited to plot with you, hope your weekend isn't too rough!

Carolyn

WELCOME! :D

I also play two ttrpgs a week right now! I love it. :D:D:DD

Can't wait to see Tristan up and running.

Arctic

Quote from: Carolyn on March 13, 2021, 03:11:07 amWELCOME! :D

I also play two ttrpgs a week right now! I love it. :D:D:DD

Can't wait to see Tristan up and running.
Eyy, another one! They're a lot of fun ^-^

Carolyn

Yeah I'm about to do the curse of strad or something with a few friends. Do you play in any games currently?

Arctic

I've only been playing for 6 months or so. I was in a homebrew campaign for 6 months but it's been petering out because the DM has RL to Deal with. The people were cool which is fortunate :D .

I DM a Dragon Heist game for my friends and Lost Mines occasionally for my regular group on off days. I've heard really good things about Curse of Strahd, on my to-DM list definitely, although not sure about playing it. I'm really no good with any kind of scare   '=(

Starting to play D&D is actually what prompted me to go looking for text-based RP again.

2 weeks later

Apprentice Magizoologist

Wonderful to meet you! I love your characters, and Salem seems like a real sweetheart! I look forward to seeing what kind of things he gets up to!