Floo Network

Right where we belong [open]

Started by Darcy Winters, May 28, 2021, 04:40:22 pm

Darcy Winters

Darcy lay down on her bed, staring out the window. She didn't see much, anyway, for they were under the lake. A green glow cast over the room, like it did every single day. She looked back at the end of her bed, where books lay open and parchment papers. She was doing her homework, trying to impress her professors. But she was stuck with Herbology. She could do Transfiguration, Astronomy, heck, she could even do Arithmancy! But Herbology? That was a BIG no-no. She kicked her homework off her bed.

Maybe making that anti-muggle-born club was a bad idea. As soon as it was taken down, she lost her chance of the teachers liking her. Well at least some students liked her! Right? She doubted that. She thought and thought. Okay, sure, she enjoyed scaring first years, mostly muggle-borns, during he free time. Sure, she bragged about her blood status. Sure, her great-great grandfather set fire to muggle homes way back then before she was born. Sure, she beat up a kid in her second year (Or was it her first year? She forgets). Who. Cares? That's no reason to hate her. She doesn't care if muggle-borns hate her.  But there has to be at least a Slytherin who doesn't hate her, right?

Ophiuchus Yaxley

Darcy Winters was known as a wildfire and she caused havoc at the school. Although their beliefs were similar, Ophelia felt the 5th year was beneath her. The aristocrat expressed distain towards her, she was too uncivilized to convince others that pureblood supremacy was key to moving the wizarding world into the future. Truth be told, Ophelia would have joined the Anti-Muggle crew if it was cultured.

She peered into the dorm room and saw the witch kick off her herbology homework from her bed. "Hi...Darcy." She waved her hand as she approached the older classmate. "What are you up to?" Ophelia grinned; a pleasant, calculated smile to the witch as she approached.

Though she wasn't interested in a friendship, Ophi felt maybe an understanding could be formed between the two acquaintances. The potential for a fruitful alliance.

Darcy Winters

Darcy tilted her head as a second-year walked in - a Yaxley. A very decent pureblood family. Darcy sat up as the witch approached."Yaxley." She said in greeting. A simple question. "Once again struggling with herbology." She said in response. Nice and simple. Darcy rather thought this girl wasn't bad at all.  

Darcy raised her eyebrows. "As for you? What are you up to?"

Ophiuchus Yaxley

Ophi took the opportunity to give Darcy a slight bow as she acknowledged her. Her mind froze. Why was she pointing out her weakness in front of her? Who does that? It caught the snake off guard. "Oh, yeah. Herbology." She responded half-heartedly. "Professor Bryce seems okay."

She approached the older student, holding her head up with her shoulders relaxed. A display of confidence. "I'm dropping off my bookbag when I heard something. I was...just checking it out." Her delicate fingers wrapped around her dark brown leather encrested book bag. On the bottle right corner of the bag was a lily with L.C. hand embroidered. It was an expensive collectable their mother bought by the up and coming Lilly Cornwell. When the opportunity arrived, Ophi enjoyed flexing on others.

Darcy Winters

Darcy raised an eyebrow as she searched the girl's face. "Agreed. I never said anything about the professors, though." She said. Darcy looked at the bag on the girl's shoulders.
It really was pretty. Such a fine, beautiful bag.
"That's a fine bag." Is all she said. Nothing else. It was simply fine, as she put it. She looked at the girl.

Ophiuchus Yaxley

She looked awkwardly on at Darcy and shrugged. "Yeah. I know. It was more a remark that she could help you out." The words came flat, and direct with a tinge of bitterness behind the words. She looked down at her hands clutching the handle of her leather bag. "Thanks." Her acceptance of the compliment lay warmly against her stomach. She liked getting compliments for things that were bought and loved it even more to show her objects off. It was quite petty of the 2nd year.

"Should I get along, then?" She inquired. It seemed that Ophi wasn't great at making conversation in this instance. Her mind went blank and she stalled.

Darcy Winters

"Hm." She said. As she looked at the girl's bag, she did think it was beautiful. she remembered wanting a bag like that. She never got it, though. Now this girl stood her, with great pride. Darcy could see why. She tore her eyes away and looked back at the girl. "Well, you don't have to. I rather enjoy your company." She said, with a hint of a smile.

Ophiuchus Yaxley

The 2nd year nodded, her big green eyes making contact with the older student. She wasn't sure what she wanted from her but approached her peers bed despite her intuition to leave the space. "Yes.." her voice was quite cold. "I guess I could say the same." She lifted her emerald green mary janes with small stars splattered on the tips of the shoes and walked closer to the older student. It took her a moment before she let go of the strap of her leather bag and she leaned down to pick up Darcys herbology books and parchments sprawled on the floor. It took her another minute, in silence, before putting the pile on the end of her bed.

Now, Ophi knew that this act of kindness wasn't really intentionally kind. Atleast for the young witch it was a silent offer of a potential alliance. Really it wasn't though. She just wanted to know if there were any new rumors she hadn't kept up with and somehow Winters would get this information.

The formalities aside she looked at the older child. "Anything new?" Her voice was curt and direct. It was as though she was looking through the witch in front of her. Waiting. Waiting for some piece of news that she hadn't collected yet. It was tough.

Darcy Winters

Darcy stayed silent as Yaxley picked up her books. She set them on her bed and Darcy couldn't think of why she would do that. Darcy couldn't figure it out. Wait. Oh. It clicked.

She locked eyes with Yaxley. Yes. An alliance would be useful for us both. Yaxley sat next to her and asked if there was anything new. Darcy thought. "I heard through the grapevine that a Slytherin was flirting with a muggle-born. Didn't get the names, though."

Ophiuchus Yaxley

Shock overcame Ophi as she narrowed her eyes on Darcy. "You heard what?" This piece of information was new and she wondered how she missed it. The second year slowly drifted towards the head of the bed, where Darcy sat. She lifted the front of her Slytherin cloak before finding a seat on the bed next to Darcy. She placed the bunched up cloak atop her knees and her white leggings were exposed. Her feet dangled off the edge, barely touching the floor.

"What do they look like?" She pleded. Her lips puckered into a pout at the news of this flirting. Ophelia wasn't particularly interested in the dating, it was the fraternizing with a muggle born that disturbed her. She hoped they were from a reputable family. It would give her all the more reason to sink her fangs in.

Darcy Winters

Darcy crossed her arms. She wasn't proud to be spreading a rumor such as this, it wasn't a pleasant one. This was what she had heard, and she didn't know the true story. "This is what I overheard. One was... tall. Brown hair...  Greenish eyes I heard. Quote on quote "Handsome and groomed" I think he was a fifth year. The girl I heard has blonde curly hair and blue eyes. She's shorter than the boy, and she has an attitude (from what I heard.) I heard she was in her second year?" She said, spilling out what she remembered from what she had heard. "That's what I heard. It could have been twisted as it passed around but that's all I know."

Ophiuchus Yaxley

She looked at the witch, trying to think about who the students were. It puzzled her that the 5th year would be dating a 2nd year, and the guy had...brown hair? Green eyes? It started to sound familiar, but when she heard "Handsome and groomed"...what? And he is a Slytherin? It sounded familiar, like one of her friends? Maybe she was mistaken. He wouldn't really fraternize with a muggle born would he?

The second year with curly hair and blue eyes? She had absolutely no idea who that was. She thought maybe it was a classmate but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"You sure about the Slytherin? If he's a 5th year how do you not know who he is?" She asked, looking confused.

Darcy Winters

Darcy adjusted the ends of her sweater sleeve as the words seemed to settle in. Darcy couldn't tell what was going on in Yaxley's complicated head, but she had a feeling it wasn't all happy thoughts. Darcy looked at her face, watching her expression. "I know, it's not pleasing, is it?" She said, without changing her facial expression.

Ah. The question Darcy did not want to answer. She sighed and turned her head slightly to Yaxley. "I'm sure." She said bitterly. She closed her eyes. "Oh, I'm pretty sure I know who the boy is." She said, pausing. "I'm just hoping I'm wrong."

Ophiuchus Yaxley

Ophi moved herself away from the witch, a frown forming on her face. She had an inkling of whom Darcy would suggest and she couldn't believe it. She simply couldn't believe it. "So who do you think it is?" She attempted to draw it out of Darcy. Perhaps her assumption was wrong and she would say it was someone else. Or maybe she simply had no idea what she was talking about.

A tinge of regret formed in the bottom of her stomach. Why did she extend herself like this? She wanted to withdrawal and be on her way but curiosity really did a number on her. So she stayed.

Darcy Winters

Must Darcy say it? She wasn't even 100 percent sure it was a muggle-born! She knew better than to fully believe rumors because they always get mixed up. " Keep in mind that this is just a rumor I heard." Darcy said, as if reminding an aggressive quidditch player it was just a sport.

Yaxley seemed to know who it was, but she didn't want to admit nor accept. "I think it's... um..." Darcy coughed. "Kian..." She coughed some more. ...Thorne.." She finished off before raising her eyebrows. "So sorry, there was something in my throat" dear." She said, pointedly. She didn't know if the rumor was true so she didn't want the whole house eavesdropping and attacking Kian.